Civil Construction Estimator
Greater City Concrete Works Ltd. (GCCW) was formed in 2007. GCCW has proven itself with a recipe for success and a strong technical background in the construction industry.
GCCW began as a concrete forming company and has evolved into a respectful general contractor providing a wide range of construction services in the Institutional, Commercial, and Industrial sectors
Responsibilities & Duties
- Check upcoming tenders, for evaluation and bidding.
- Attend pre-tender/site meetings as required
- Accurately analyze and review bid packages/requirements & specifications before submission.
- Request and prepare bid bonds and agreements.
- Perform quantity take offs drawings and on site.
- Ability to prepare preliminary constructions schedules.
- Knowledge of materials and labor costs sheets preparation.
- Obtain sub-contractor quotes.
- Liaison with clients/engineers and prepare change orders.
- Provide Project Estimates & budget, keep a record of CO and extras to project.
- Provide technical support to field operation.
- Provide scope of work and scheduling.
- Ability to lead and train junior estimator.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree/College Diploma in civil engineering with attention to details.
- Team player with 10 years of estimating civil experience an asset
- Valid G driver’s license
- Good understanding and reading of drawings and documents.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong computer skills , Microsoft office, Excel and Word.
- Experience with Microsoft Project an asset
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.